Livison Chipatiso, our Zimbabwe Programme Officer, is coming to the UK during Lent to explain how vital your donations are this Family Fast Day.
Did you know that up to 70% of the population of Zimbabwe live below the poverty line? Or that as many as 95% of them are unemployed? As a result, hunger and malnutrition are widespread and many people’s daily lives are simply a struggle to find enough to eat.
In partnership with the local Catholic church, through Caritas Zimbabwe, we are working hard to help, and Livison is right on the front line of that effort. He’ll be able to give us a first-hand insight into exactly what we’re doing and the impact it’s having, as well as answer any questions you may have.
It’s great he can be with us, especially this year when UK aid has, once again, agreed to match any donations you make up to £5 million. We have a fantastic opportunity to double our impact and help so many more of the people Livison works with.
Everyone is welcome to meet him in either Chesterfield or Sheffield:
- Friday 16th February 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. in Holy Spirit church hall, 4 Stonelow Rd., Dronfield, Derbyshire, S18 2EP. A light lunch will be provided.
- All weekend Masses at St. William of York, Ecclesall Rd., Sheffield, S11 8TL on Saturday 17th (6.30 p.m.) and Sunday 18th (9.30 a.m. and 11.15 a.m.). Livison will also be around for a chat over some sandwiches after the 11.15 a.m. Mass.
If you can’t make it to hear Livison, Jeremy will be speaking about the fast day in the following places:
- Gerard’s, Doncaster Road, Thryburgh, Rotherham, S65 4AD. Wednesday 7th February after midday Mass. Soup will be provided.
- Helen’s, Main Street, Oldcotes, Worksop, S81 8JF. Sunday 11th February during the 9 a.m. Mass.
- Peter in Chains, Chequer Road, Doncaster, DN1 2AA. Sunday 18th February after the 10 a.m. Mass.
This is definitely a second-best option but will still give you a good understanding of how our work is enabling people to escape from poverty.
We’d love to see you.